Knowing what is going on around you
Situational Awareness is being aware of what is happening around you in terms of where you are, where you are supposed to be, and whether anyone or anything around you is a threat to your health and safety.
- What are you willing to die for?
- Living life with a “when this happens” attitude not “If this happens”.
Situational Awareness LTC. Jeff Cooper
- Level White: In your own world
- Level Yellow: Relaxed 360 awareness
- Level Orange: See potential threat
- Level Red: Take action, implement plan
- Level Black: Mental blackout, freezing unless prepared