Any licensee prohibited from carrying a concealed firearm into the parking area of a prohibited location shall be permitted to carry a concealed firearm on or about his or her person within a vehicle into the parking area and may store a firearm or ammunition concealed in a case within a locked vehicle or locked container out of plain view within the vehicle in the parking area. A licensee may carry a concealed firearm in the immediate area surrounding his or her vehicle within a prohibited parking lot area only for the limited purpose of storing or retrieving a firearm within the vehicles trunk , provided the licensee ensures the concealed firearm is unloaded prior to exiting the vehicle. This exception does not apply to any area where firearms are prohibited under federal law or to property regulated by the federal Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
A 16 hour training course must, at a minimum, cover the following topics:
- Firearms Safety – a minimum of 1 hour;
- Basic Principles of Marksmanship – a minimum of 1 hour;
- Care, Cleaning, Loading and Unloading of a Concealable Firearm – a minimum of 1 hour;
- All Applicable State and Federal Laws Relating to the Ownership, Storage, Carry and Transportation of a Firearm (including but not limited to the appropriate and lawful interaction with law enforcement while transporting or carrying a concealed firearm) – a minimum of 2 hours; and
- Weapons Handling – a minimum of 1 range hour.
All applicants must pass a live fire exercise with a concealable firearm consisting of:
- A minimum of 30 rounds
- 10 rounds from a distance of 5 yards, 10 rounds from a distance of 7 yards, and 10 rounds from a distance of 10 yards at a B-27 silhouette target approved by the ISP.
ABSOLUTELY NO AMMUNITION IN THE CLASSROOM AT ANYTIME !!